Most everyone wants to become rich. According to my Rich Habits research, being rich eliminates 67% of the problems that plague most people. So, besides being able to buy that house by the beach, a Rolex watch or travel to exotic places, being rich means fewer problems in life. Fewer problems equals less stress. Less stress equals a healthier and happier life.
There are 14 signs that will lead to success and wealth. If you possess all 14 your chances for becoming rich increase geometrically:
- You are Pursuing a Dream or Major Purpose in Life – You are pursuing some dream or major purpose in life. Eighty percent of the self-made millionaires in my Rich Habits Study were pursuing some dream or major purpose in life.
- You Read to Learn Every Day – You are a voracious reader. You read to learn every day. Often hours every day. 88% of the rich in my study read 30 minutes or more every day strictly to learn and educate themselves.
- You Think Like an Owner – You have an owner mindset. You think bigger. You have a big vision. You take ownership in everything you do. Ninety-0ne percent of the rich in my study were decision-makers.
- You Run Towards Responsibility- You do not shy away from responsibility. In fact, you seek out opportunities that give you more responsibility.
- You Are a Cautious Risk Taker – You are cautious and not reckless in taking on risk. Cautious risk takers do their homework, only take on risks they have the skills and knowledge for, ask questions, seek feedback from experts and pilot new ideas and initiatives before turning them into a business.
- You Take Action- You are not afraid to take action because …
- You Are Not Afraid to Fail – You view failure as a learning experience and nothing more.
- You Outwork Others – You are not afraid to work long hours for days, weeks, months and years in order to succeed. The rich in my study worked on average 11 hours more a week than the non-rich.
- You Continuously Set and Pursue Goals – You continuously set and pursue goals in order to help propel you forward in life. Eighty percent of the rich in my study were goal-focused. They made a habit of setting and pursuing goals.
- You Seek to Exceed Expectations – You are value-oriented. You seek to exceed the expectations of others.
- You Are Fanatic About Your Relationships – You are in continuous communication with the relationships you value. You make happy birthday calls, hello calls, life event calls. You send thank you cards. You acknowledge important events in the lives of your valued relationships. You view your valued relationships like gold. Relationships are your currency.
- You Get Along With Others – People like you. They like working with you and dealing with you. You make people feel upbeat, happy, enthusiastic and optimistic.
- You’re a Team Player – Because you like people and get along with people, you work well in a team environment. No one succeeds on their own. Every self-made rich person has apostles for their cause behind them.
- Most of Your Relationships Are Success-Minded – You surround yourself with like-minded, success-minded people.