Success isn’t an event it’s a process. We have become conditioned to view success as an event because self-made millionaires oftentimes experience some avalanche of success event that gets the attention of others. But that avalanche of success event is really the result of daily growth and consistent efforts that move you closer to achieving your goals and dreams. You become that successful person, long before the avalanche of success event occurs. The manifestation of any success event requires that you learn and grow every day.
The “Rule of 1” is a strategy that will help transform you into the person you need to be in order for success to occur. It’s a simple strategy. Each month you focus on learning one new thing. Ideally, this new thing should be something related to:
- Your main job
- A side job
- Your side business
- A future side business
- Goals or a dream you are pursuing
The “Rule of 1” process:
- Every day for a month spend at least 30 minutes reading about a new topic or subject (alternatively, you can listen to podcasts or watch videos on the topic)
- Write down important facts on a sheet of paper
- Summarize the most important facts on large index cards
- At the end of the month transfer the important facts on that topic from the index cards onto a summary sheet
- Put the summary sheet in a “Fact Binder”
- Repeat this process each month focusing on a different subject or topic
- Once a week review each summary sheet
After one year you will have learned 12 new subject areas. You will have grown in your knowledge. This new knowledge will help you become an expert in your field. It will move you closer to becoming the person you need to be in order to realize that avalanche of success event.