“You don’t succeed because you have no weaknesses. You succeed because you find your unique strengths and focus on developing habits around them.” Tim Ferriss
Even the most gifted, talented and successful individuals are swimming in flaws.
- JFK, Tiger Woods and Arnold Schwarzenegger were womanizers.
- Edgar Allen Poe and Stephen King, iconic writers, were consumed by drug and alcohol addictions.
- Winona Ryder, Megan Fox & Britney Spears, famous celebrities, were all caught shoplifting in the height of their success.
- Tiger Woods also struggles with a gambling addiction. As does Charles Barkley, Michael Jordan and Ben Affleck.
Yet, despite their many flaws, they excelled in life. How?
What propelled them to greatness and riches was their ability to focus on one or two strengths for many years.
The secret to escaping poverty and accumulating enormous wealth, for self-made millionaires, is finding one or two innate talents and then devoting your life to building habits around those talents:
- JFK devoted his life to honing his political skills.
- Arnold Schwrzenegger devoted focused chunks of his life to four key areas: first on bodybuilding, then on real estate investing, acting and politics.
- Tiger Woods devoted his life to golf beginning at age 2.
- Michael Jordan focused all of his efforts on basketball after he was cut from his high school basketball team.
The path towards success is not eliminating your weaknesses. It is finding one or two innate talents that you possess and then devoting your life to building daily habits around those strengths.
Don’t focus on eliminating or minimizing your flaws. Focus on building your strengths. We were all born with certain innate talents; natural gifts. Find them, develop habits around them and life will rain success down upon you.