Rich Habits Word of the Day
Efficacy – Capability. The efficacy of apples in weight loss and general good health has been well-known for many years.
Rich Habits Fact of the Day
A typical apple contains 60 calories.
Rich Habits Lesson of the Day
Benefits of eating apples:
- Fights Alzheimer’s – Whole apples, including the skin, contain quercetin, a powerful antioxidant that protects brain cells from degeneration.
- Prevent Colon Cancer – An antioxidant found in apples called procyanidins, produces chemicals that help fight the formation of cancer cells.
- Stabilize Blood Sugar – Apples include soluble fiber, which slows the digestion of food and the entry of glucose in the bloodstream.
- Improve Gums – Apples are nature’s toothbrush. One apple stimulates the gums and prompts the flow of saliva, which reduces tooth decay.
- Prevent High Blood Pressure – Adults who eat apples are 37% less likely to have hypertension.
- Keeps You Thin – Apples are packed with fiber and water. They fool the stomach into feeling full.
- Reduce Heart Disease – Apples are rich in flavonoids, antioxidants that help prevent heart disease.
To receive all the benefits of apples, you must also eat the skin.