Rich Habits Word of the Day
Magnanimity – Generosity. Tom was surprised by the magnanimity of family members and friends who sent him gifts when his book became a bestseller.
Rich Habits Fact of the Day
Queen of the giveaway, Oprah Winfrey ranked among Businessweek’s 50 most generous Americans from 2004 until 2010 and at last count had given away $400 million to educational and women’s causes.
Rich Habits Lesson of the Day
Gift giving to family, close friends and colleagues can sometimes be tricky. When are you supposed to give gifts? Here’s a rundown:
- Weddings and wedding showers
- Births and baby showers
- Religious milestones (christenings, bar mitzvahs, bat mitzvahs)
- Major anniversaries (10th, 25th & 50th- cards are sufficient)
- Graduations (cards are sufficient)
- Birthdays (cards are sufficient)
- Retirements (cards are sufficient except if colleague)