The life of an entrepreneur isn’t easy. The early stages of every start-up is fraught with obstacles, potholes, dead ends and wrong turns. Successful entrepreneurs do certain things which help them navigate around those obstacles, potholes, dead ends and wrong turns:
- Self-Education – Successful entrepreneurs read and learn like their life depended on it. They read books, read articles, read blogs, listen to podcasts, listen to audio books and watch video interviews of other successful entrepreneurs.
- Tap Experts – Successful entrepreneurs find mentors who succeeded. They ask them questions, tapping their knowledge and experience.
- Take Action – Successful entrepreneurs gain knowledge and experience through the school of hard knocks by taking action. Taking action teaches them what to do and what not to do.
- Develop Processes That Work – Successful entrepreneurs use the knowledge and experience they gain from the school of hard knocks to develop processes that work, in order to avoid repeating what doesn’t work and to ensure repeating what does work.
- Find Apostles – Successful entrepreneurs build a team of talent. They search for and eventually find talented individuals who share their dreams and goals.
- They Don’t Follow the Herd – Successful entrepreneurs are not followers. They are trailblazers. They separate themselves from the herd and never look back. Success brings more and more people into their herd. Successful entrepreneurs understand that the more people they bring into their herd, the more successful they will be.