You can never truly know your limitations, until you test them.
Individuals who succeed in life, in particular Dreamer-Entrepreneurs, know their limitations because they pursue dreams and goals that test their limitations.
Dreams force you to create goals. Goals are the construction crew for each one of your dreams.
Failed goals are a neon sign informing you that you just encountered a personal limitation.
Failing at achieving a goal is a good thing – it exposes a limitation that you didn’t know you had. Once you become aware of any limitations you might have, you can eliminate them, which is precisely what successful people do.
How do successful people get rid of their limitations?
They do one of two things:
- They pursue new knowledge or new skills that forces them to grow, thereby erasing a limitation or
- They hire someone with the knowledge or skills they lack.
When it comes to limitations, those who fail, do so for a number of reasons:
- They are unaware of their limitations
- They are aware of their limitations but ignore them
- They fail to gain knowledge or develop skills to help them remove a limitation or
- They fail to secure the assistance of experts who possess the knowledge or skills they lack.
Knowing your limitations is a Rich Habit because it forces you to grow into the person you need to become in order for you to overcome your limitations. Overcoming individual limitations is a common theme among self-made millionaires.