When most people think of wealth, they naturally associate wealth with money. But, in reality, there are many types of wealth.
- Financial Wealth – Having enough wealth to meet the needs, wants, education, emergencies and dreams of you, your family and your inner circle.
- Family Wealth – Most kids really don’t care about the type of cars their family drives, the house they live in or the stuff their family owns. What they do care about is feeling unconditionally loved by their parents. When kids know their parents love them, they will run through a brick wall for their parents. They’ll do their homework, try to get good grades, take out the garbage, help out around the house, etc. That’s Family Wealth.
- Health Wealth – Exercising every day, eating healthy, moderating your consumption of alcohol and junk food, all contribute to good health. When you, and your family are healthy, that’s Health Wealth.
- Career Wealth – Liking or loving what you do for a living, while earning the money you need to meet your needs/wants, fuels you to do your best at work. Doing your best, makes you feel fulfilled at whatever it is you do for a living and helps you gain the respect of your colleagues at work. That’s Career Wealth.
- Inner Circle Wealth – Everyone has an inner circle. When those people in your inner circle – family, friends, neighbors and colleagues at work are people you love, like or care deeply about, that’s Inner Circle Wealth.
- Peace of Mind Wealth – When your mind is clear, calm, optimistic, upbeat and not consumed with stress, that’s Peace of Mind Wealth.
- Fulfillment Wealth – Short term happiness is anything you do that creates instant gratification. This type of happiness goes away quickly. Long-Term Happiness, however, requires feeling Fulfilled. When you feel Fulfilled in life, you love your life and feel grateful, every day, to be able to live the life you’ve created.
Tom Corley is an accountant, financial planner and author of “Rich Kids: How to Raise Our Children to Be Happy and Successful in Life”, “Effort-Less Wealth”, “Change Your Habits Change Your Life”, “Rich Habits Poor Habits” and “Rich Habits: The Daily Success Habits of Wealthy Individuals.”