Love, by definition, is a strong positive emotional attachment or deep affection for someone or something.
When you love someone or something, you will risk life and limb to protect the person or thing you love. You will devote your life to the person or thing you love. Where there is love, there are no obstacles, hurdles or mountains you will not climb for the person or thing that you love. Love gives you superpowers.
Love also happens to be one of the most important cornerstones upon which you build the foundation for a successful life, happy life. Finding your love will transform you from ordinary to extraordinary:
- Love What You Do – When you find something you love to do, that also happens to provide you with an income, your love will drive you to work harder and sharpen your focus.
- Love of Family – Love of family will drive you to become a better person: more compassionate, more empathetic, more patient, more authentic and more understanding.
- Love of Community – When you love the community in which you live you will devote more time to improving that community. You will volunteer your time and money to community organizations who are helping to improve your community. This will help you forge strong, long-lasting relationships with others in the community. Those relationships will open up doors for you that will help you, your family and your business to thrive.
- Love of Friends – Having a core group of friends you love means you have each others back. They will pick you up when you fall. They will encourage you when you pursue a dream. They will trumpet your success to the world around them. Having friends you love gives your life meaning. It makes life worth living.
- Love of Activities – When you find activities you love to do, those activities help relieve the stress of daily living. They help to clear your head so you can think properly. This could be a sport, painting, writing, singing, running, weight lifting, spin class, piano, guitar, hiking, photography, cooking, speaking, teaching, reading or any number of things that make your heart sing.
Finding the love makes life worth living. It creates a life of fulfillment. It gives your life meaning and purpose.
Tom Corley is an accountant, financial planner and author of “Rich Kids: How to Raise Our Children to Be Happy and Successful in Life”, Effort-Less Wealth, Change Your Habits Change Your Life, Rich Habits Poor Habits and “Rich Habits: The Daily Success Habits of Wealthy Individuals.”