The pursuit of success is hard. What makes it easier, what improves your odds of achieving success, is surrounding yourself with Constructive Relationships. These individuals add value to your life. They encourage and support you during your journey to success.
Encouragement is obvious. We want to surround ourselves with individuals who will keep our spirits up, and who can be a source to help you solve problems or overcome obstacles.
Support is less obvious. By support, I am referring to people who can help open doors that are otherwise closed. In this context, you want to surround yourself with Influencers – people who know important people.
Support might also include financial support – individuals you can lean on to help you financially or who know some Influencer who can help you financially.
Finding Constructive Individuals is easy if you know what to look for. Below is a list of the personality traits to be on the lookout for:
- Upbeat, Positive, Optimistic Mental Outlook
- Polite – Good Etiquette Habits
- Kind, Caring, Compassionate
- Calm & In Control of Their Emotions
- Dependable – Reliable
- Mentally Strong
- Trusting of Others
- Successful or Success-Minded
- Financially Secure
- Good Reputation
- Hard Work Ethic
- Uses Any of These Positive Words/Phrases: I Love, She’s a Good Person, He’s a Hard Worker, You Can Do It, Nothing is Impossible, Life is an Oyster, He’s a High Achiever, You Create Your Own Luck in Life, Never Quit on Yourself, Wealth is Good, Poverty is Bad, I Don’t Gossip, We Are the Architects of Our Lives, etc.
- Great at Maintaining Their Relationships – Large Network of Long-Term Friends & Associates
- Good Networker
- Attentive Listener
- Knowledgeable – Well Read
- Health Conscious
- Extroverted – Loves to Socialize
- Drinks in Moderation
- Does Not Take Drugs
- Problem Solver
- Meticulous Attention to Detail
- Does not Gossip or Engages in Only Positive Gossip
- Smiles Alot
- Responsive – Immediately Returns Calls/Emails/Tests
- Always Seems Busy
- Show Up in Life – Recognizes Birthdays & Life Events
- Thoughtful During Conversations
- Always Seems Happy
- Always Willing to Help
When you find someone who checks a lot of these boxes, do what you can to build a relationship with them. They will help lift you up and add value to your life.