If you are pursuing success, you need to avoid or limit your dealings with Toxic people.
Toxic people do not add value to your life. In fact, they are a liability to you. Their problems will eventually become your problems. Their headaches, your headaches.
Things often go wrong in their lives and when something bad happens, they reach out to their inner circle for a bail out. And toxic people are constantly in need of bail outs.
Those who bail out toxic people, often regret it. In most cases, these bail outs involve money. If you have a significant other, they won’t like it when money disappears to bail out a toxic friend. Every bail out damages your relationship with your significant other.
But loss of money is only one side-effect of toxic relationships. Loss of time is another common side-effect. Because their problems become your problems, toxic people take you off focus and distract you from the pursuit of your dreams and goals.
“But how do I know if someone is toxic?”
Toxic people have certain common personality traits. When you know what these traits are, this helps you avoid or minimize your exposure to them.
Personality Traits of Toxic Individuals:
- Self-Pity – Victim Mindset
- Dependent Mindset – Needy
- Pessimistic About Life
- Negative Mindset
- Constantly Gossip
- Rude – Impolite
- Grouchy Disposition
- Argumentative – Disagreeable – Always Fighting With Someone
- Have No Control Over Their Emotions
- Unkind Towards Others
- Unfriendly Towards Others
- Use Offensive Language – Curse Frequently
- Jealous of Others or What Others Have
- Easily Influenced – Weak-Minded
- Suspicious of Others
- Financial Problems: Spendthrifts, Excessive Debt
- Struggle to Maintain a Job
- Use Any of These Toxic Words/Phrases: I Hate, She’s Greedy, That’s Unfair, Rich People are Evil, Poor People are Good, Rich Don’t Pay Enough Tax, Rich People are Just Lucky People, etc.
- Condescending Towards Others -Demeaning Towards Others
- Excessively Selfish
- Have a Poor Work Ethic
- Lack Compassion for Others
- Talk Too Much & Listen Too Little
- Play the Lottery Regularly
- Use Others
- Struggle Maintaining Relationships
- Blame Others for Their Problems
- Entitlement Mindset
- Lack Dreams/Goals
- Don’t Read Books or Read for Entertainment
- Anxiety Issues
- Not Health Conscious
- Eat or Drink in Excess
- Take Drugs Regularly
- Win at All Cost Mindset
- Shirk Responsibilities
- Problem Seekers
- Shit Stirrers – Create Conflict
Even the best people possess some of these traits. What you want to be on the lookout for is an abundance of these traits. That’s a red flag that you’ve encountered a Toxic individual.
Once you know what to lookout for, you will become a better judge of character and avoid falling in with Toxic people.