Any mental thought, often repeated, becomes a habit. Habitual thoughts lead to habitual behavior. If those thinking Habits are good habits, they will lead to good behavior. Good behavior creates a good life. If those Thinking Habits are bad habits, they will lead to bad behavior. Bad behavior creates a bad life.
So, your Habitual Thinking creates the life you have, good or bad.
Millionaires are rich because of the way they habitually think, which stimulates them to take action that creates wealth. So, to become rich, you have to adopt the Thinking Habits of Millionaires.
What are some of the Thinking Habits of Millionaires?
- Millionaires Believe in Themselves:
- 79% of the self-made millionaires in my Rich Habits Study believed they could rise from poverty or the middle-class and become wealthy.
- 90% of the self-made millionaires in my Study did not believe in fate. They believed they were the architects of their lives.
- Millionaires Believe Hard Work Trumps Intelligence:
- 90% of the self-made millionaires in my Study believed hard work was more important than a high IQ.
- Millionaires Believe Persistence Creates Good Luck:
- 92% of the self-made millionaires in my Study believed they created their own good luck by relentlessly pursuing something they were passionate about. They were persistently patient in their pursuit of their dreams and goals. It took the average self-made Entrepreneur in my Study 12 years to succeed in their realizing their dream and becoming rich.
- Millionaires Are Optimists:
- 54% of the self-made millionaires in my Study believed their optimism was a critical factor in their success. Optimism gave them the confidence that they would find solutions to all of their problems and that they would eventually be able overcome all obstacles.
- Millionaires Control Their Negative Emotions:
- 81% of the self-made millionaires in my Study made a habit of controlling their negative emotions such as anger, envy, resentment and hate. This made it easier for others to do business with them. My self-made millionaires understood that even one outburst of anger could undo all of the time they invested in a valued relationship.
- Millionaires Believe Honesty is the Best Policy:
- 85% of the self-made millionaires in my Study told the truth all the time. They never lied. Being perceived as honest helped them to build trust, a foundation for success and maintaining long-standing, strong relationships.
Tom Corley is an accountant, financial planner and author of “Rich Kids: How to Raise Our Children to Be Happy and Successful in Life”, “Effort-Less Wealth”, “Change Your Habits Change Your Life”, “Rich Habits Poor Habits” and “Rich Habits: The Daily Success Habits of Wealthy Individuals.”
Thanks for this roadmap to success and wealth. It is a great guide for not only financial wealth but physical and mental wealth as well.