It’s pointless to complain about your life, when you have no plan to change your life. Without a plan, you are like a leaf on a fall day, blown around in every direction. Where you land, depends on the winds of fate.
To remove fate from the equation, you must have a plan, a blueprint of the life you desire.
This blueprint is very much like a destination point on a map or on your GPS app – it points you in the desired direction. One not determined by the winds of fate, but one you choose!
The first step to creating the life you desire is to pose and answer certain questions. In full disclosure, some of these questions came from my Rich Habits Study research and some came from the book, The Power of Focus, an amazing book written by my friends Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen:
- What do I want to do?
- What do I want to have?
- Where do I want to go?
- How do I want people to see me?
- What do I want to learn?
- Who do I want to spend my time with?
- How much income do I want to make each year?
- What do I want to do to earn money?
- How much of that income do I want to save each year?
- How do I want to invest my savings?
- How much recreation time do I want?
- What do I want to do to create optimum health?
- What are my priorities in life – what’s most important to me?
- What skills do I want to have?
- What do I want my life to be like ten years from now (this could be 5, 10, 15 or 20 years)?
- Where do I want to live?
- What kind of house do I want to live in?
- What stuff would I like to own?
- What fun activities do I want to engage in?
- What special knowledge would I like to have?
- How much do I want to weigh?
- How much wealth do I want to accumulate?
- What noble things do I want to accomplish in life?
- What would I like my Obituary to say?
The answers to these questions will help you in creating the blueprint of the life you desire.