If you find value in these articles, please share them with your inner circle and encourage them to Sign Up for my Rich Habits Daily Tips/Articles. No one succeeds on their own. Thank You!
The wealthiest and most successful self-made millionaires in my Rich Habits Study were those who harnessed the ability to focus like a laser, every day.
These individuals were not endowed with some supernatural ability to concentrate for hours on end. They had to practice every day in order to increase their ability to focus.
Some of the strategies, or tricks, they used to hone their focus abilities were as follows:
- Block Focus Time – Every day, at the same time, block off the same amount of time for Focus. Forty-five minutes to one hour is ideal. Your Focus Time should be the time of day you are at your most energetic. Everyone’s different. For me, my Focus Time is the first thing in the morning, immediately after waking up, which is usually around 5-5:30 am.
- Say “No” to Interruptions during your Blocked-off Focus Time – No, means, not checking emails, not taking phone calls, not checking text messages, no social media and no people.
- Isolate Yourself – Find your Focus Place – somewhere where no one can bother you.
- One Thing at a Time – During your Blocked Focus Time, Focus on only one thing, one task at a time.
- Picture the Goal of Your Focus Time – What do you want to accomplish during your Focus Time. Example: I want to read to learn about “X”.
- Baby Step – Build up to that 45 minutes, one month at a time. Start out with just 15 minutes for the first month. The following month, shoot for 20 minutes. The following month, 25 minutes, etc. After 6 months you will be able to Focus for 45 minutes. You’re forging a daily habit. Habits take time. Baby Stepping is the key to forging long-term habits.
Tom Corley is an accountant, financial planner and author of “Rich Kids: How to Raise Our Children to Be Happy and Successful in Life”, “Effort-Less Wealth”, “Change Your Habits Change Your Life”, “Rich Habits Poor Habits” and “Rich Habits: The Daily Success Habits of Wealthy Individuals.”