“Luck visits the Persistent.”
What is Persistence?
- Persistence means never quitting on your dream. Because Successful Leaders have a very clear vision of their destination, they will pursue their dreams and goals relentlessly and do not allow problems, obstacles or adversity to stop them from moving forward.
- Persistence means taking action every day on the goals behind your dreams, whether you feel like it or not.
- Persistence means never giving in to your doubts. Some days go your way, but most of the days in pursuit of a dream, will not go your way. When things don’t go your way, those are the days your mind is filled with doubt. Successful Leaders persist even when life does not cooperate.
- Persistence means you stay on task despite making costly mistakes. Successful Leaders view mistakes as learning experiences and nothing else.
- Persistence means you pick yourself up after suffering devastating failure. Successful Leaders believe you only fail when you quit.
- Persistence means not letting rejection or being ignored stop you from moving forward. When you are pursuing a dream, you will be faced with rejection and you will be ignored. It’s part of the process. Successful Leaders do not take it personally. They take emotion out the pursuit of their dreams and goals. When they get rejected or ignored they say “NEXT” and move on.
- Persistence means not allowing distractions to shift your focus. It’s easy to let distractions get in the way. Successful Leaders push aside distractions and focus on what’s most important. They have a big picture view, thanks to the clear vision of their destination and this acts like a force field, deflecting all distractions from their path.
- Persistence means not letting fear stop you in your tracks. Fear is the main reason most unsuccessful leaders quit on a dream. Successful Leaders make a habit of being fearless, which happens to be another Trait of Successful Leaders.